Where: Government House Victoria
When: Friday 26 January 2018, 9.30am – 3.30pm
- Self-guided tours start at the Fountain Court entrance and run between 10am – 3.30pm (The queue will close at 3.00 pm)
- You can visit the ballroom without being part of the House tour.
- Bricks4Kidz – Take part in Lego play, technical Lego and robotics activities
- The Johnston Collection – View an historic Louis XVI style suite
AROUND THE GARDENS
Enjoy roving performances and music throughout the day.
- Picnic Area – Enjoy your picnic with views of the city skyline and the House.
- Live broadcast by 3MBS Fine Music – Listen to the special broadcast on Australian musicians and composers
- Ceremonial Trees – Discover which trees were planted by royalty, and former Governors and their spouses
- Roulettes flyover at 12.30 pm – Enjoy the best vantage point to see the Roulettes flyover
- Kitchen Garden
- The Peace and Prosperity Kitchen Garden – Say hello to the friendly scarecrows made by Victorian students from special development schools
Activities and Displays
- Bowls Victoria – Try your arm at bowls
- Premier’s Active April – Sign up to 30 minutes of daily activity
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Display Vehicle – Get an inside view of the aeroplane
- Skin and Cancer Clinic – Stay sun smart with complimentary sunscreen
- St John Mobile CPR Lab – Learn CPR in 10 minutes
- Tennis Victoria Hot Shots and Cardio – Test your tennis skills
- Historic Buildings and Children’s Zone
- Collingwood Children’s Farm – Pet some farm animals
- CFA Education Bus and Display Vehicle – Find out what the CFA does
- Historic vehicles – View the Historic State Coach on loan from Museum Victoria for the day and also former State Governor’s cars.
- Living Legends – Pat former champion race horses in the historic Hopetoun Stables
- Roving children’s entertainment – Enjoy monster bubbles, face painting and balloon artistry
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Scones and tea by the Country Women’s Association
- Ice Cream and Coffee carts
- Food Court – a variety of food available from well-known food trucks.
Please note: The 21 Gun Salute will take place at noon at the Shrine of Remembrance